At the end of our safari week our driver took us to a hyena den. Suddenly we were witnessing quite a different view of hyenas compared to the typical images on television and other media of ferocious/ruthless killers with only one thing on their mind: to hunt for prey. Hyenas are extremely social creatures and look after their offspring with much care and devotion. Another memorable moment from a magic safari week in the Mara…
For those who are reading my series on Kenya’s Masai Mara for the first time; I’m planning a safari trip to the Mara later this year:
- When: Sunday, September 29 to Friday, October 4 2019
- Duration: 6 day safari adventure
- Accommodation: 5 nights stay in one of the Mara’s most central luxury tented camps, fully tailored to safari enthusiasts (2 persons sharing one bungalow tent).
- Scenery: in the middle of the Mara; i.e. you will be surrounded by lions, hyenas, leopards, cheetahs, but also zebras, antelopes, elephants, giraffes, and pretty much every wildlife in the Mara! Don’t worry, Masai guards from the camp will keep us safe.
- Departing/returning: from & to Nairobi, Kenya
- Transport: Safari Jeep/Land Cruiser with pop up roof and open sides for photography. Bean bags included.
- Optional extra’s: return flight (instead of car) from Nairobi to the Mara, and single occupancy accommodation.
- Available spots: 3, with one spot under reservation.
- Cost: please contact me for a quote; to give an indication: as I don’t have to make a living from my nature photography, you’re actually looking at less than half of what other professional photographers charge.
If you’re interested in the opportunity to experience a safari adventure like the one I shared in my recent articles and images, just drop me a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know about availability. Or for any (general) comments, send a mail to email@example.com.
In my next article I will focus on some of Mara’s herbivores… stay tuned!